Harness the power for your traction activities – waist style harness suitable for all land and water based activities. The Mystic Shadow waist harness is a harness which will push your limits with added comfort and style. The Mystic Shadow is the most lightweight (1620g) high-performance kite harness yet and has an incredibly innovative design and clean look. The new features in the Mystic Shadow harness will launch your skills to a higher level.
Mystic’s harness philosophy is clear. Based on up to date analysis they set their goals on excellent freedom of movement and harness construction. To ensure ‘comfort’ is the foundation on which their Kinetic Technology is build.
Analyses of forces and movements play the main role in Mystic design philosophy and the results are an essential contribution to their designs. The information to come up with progressive designs on Harness construction, freedom of movement and load distribution and use of teamriders to monitor the constant development in the sport, allows them to be ahead of the game!
A harness has to move with the body rather then giving support only in one position. With ‘Flex’ the harness can follow the altering shape of the body during movements. Good positioning of the harness can then be assured.
Good support starts with a good position of the harness. With the adapting potential of the badge, forces on the harness can be evenly distributed.
- Human Kinetic Technology System: Analysis of kite forces, joint movements, load distribution, harness constructions and materials has combined findings into fully redeveloped radical harness designs.
- H-flex Force Frame: The ‘H’ in this force frame is formed by 3 Fiberglass battens. 2 slightly angled vertical ones and 1 horizontal. The vertical battens ensure a perfect harness shape and thus good load distribution during hooked sessions. When you ‘pop’ unhooked tricks the vertical battens ‘flex’ around the axis of the horizontal batten adding comfort. The horizontal batten also keeps the backside of the harness stiff when there’s load on your handle pass leash. So when you crash you’ll be still ‘in’ your harness rather then squeezed ‘in between’ your harness. A thicker but more flexible plastic plate forms the base of the force frame. All together, freedom of movement, comfort and load distribution are set to a higher level.
- System Down System”Waist”: Locks the spreaderbar down, giving you more control while performing your manoeuvres. In high kite positions the system activates a side-to-side force chain preventing the harness from riding up.
- 3D Anatomical Back Support: With the newly invented 3D Back Support, Mystic is technically speaking steps ahead of the competition. The anatomical preformed nylon backsupport is positioned inside the back panel of the waist harness and gives the waist harness a contoured shape in horizontal and vertical directions. The back support is connected through the continuous 40mm webbing of the spreaderbar. The spread of forces is divided by the 360° effect which gives maximum comfort, support and fit without losing any feel. The continued strap is attached to the back support from one side to the other side of the harness (360° effect). When hooked in and riding, the tension on the spreaderbar will be spreaded over the back support which gives maximum comfort.
- Kinetic Back Support KM3: Combing the advantages of thermo moulding and neoprene, the mould is fitted with bending lines to let the harness adapt to the continuous altering of the human body.
- Seamless Neoprene Edge: A Soft and padded neoprene edge to prevent rash on top of the pelvic bones. While grabbing your board and boning out your tricks, the ribs encounter the harnesses edge. Therefore this edge should be designed with the human kinetic technology principle and with the form of the rib case in mind. By doing so we introduce the flex edge. The sides of the harness are more flexible on points where the load distribution allows it, as a result the flex edge gives you more freedom of movement and painfull ribs are history.
- Flex Edge: While grabbing your board and tweaking out your tricks the rib’s can encounter the harnesses edge. The sides of the harness is now more flexible on points where the load distribution allows it.
- Twin Batten Load Distribution Frame: Some parts of the body can handle pressure better than other parts. The internal twinbatten load distribution frame actively coordinates the distribution of the load around these parts of the body.
- Integrated Handle Pass System Fix: As standard on the Shadow kite harnesses is a Handle Pass System with a PU tube connected to both Delta double power leashrings.
- Delta Double Power Leashring: Gives you the ability to split the force on the leashrings in half while the ring itself secured to the strongest part of the harness.
- Battle Belt Waist Closure
- Neoprene Belt: This waist belt is secured on the frame on the inside of the harness. The stretch in the belt makes your harness feel comfortable from the moment you put it on. The Velcro on the battle belt is positioned in such a way that it won’t damage your suit, lycra or skin.
- Soft Neoprene Edges: For a soft feel and great traction for a soft feel both on bare skin or a wetsuit.
- Kite Spreaderbar with protector cover
- 3D Thermo Moulded Foam Interior and Exterior: By using the process of thermo moulding Mystic are able to add characteristics we needed for comfort and looks.
- Safety Knife: Cuts flying lines in an emergency.
- Quick release Clickerbar: 100% Safe and Easy to Use. Mystic’s patent pending Clicker Bar is super safe and so easy to use, you can get out on the water even faster. Just as the seatbelt in your car, you can hear the loud click, which gives you the confidence that it is secure.